Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I made it home to Michigan after a grueling ten hundred hour trip (17 hours...). The trip was longer because I decided to do that "Home to Michigan Burpee Challenge!" where I'd do a burpee for every mile I traveled home. So, every 100 miles or so, I' d stop and do burpees. Which was initially pretty fun, but got to be quite a bit of a drag later on, as well as having the unfortunate side effect of adding over an hour to my total travel time. Blarg.

But, I did it. And, in retrospect, I don't regret it, so it must not have been too bad.

Christmas itself was lovely. I got the sweatpants I wanted (Michigan!) some additional, unexpected and undeserved gifts, and got to enjoy seeing my Dad open a new iPad all us kids pooled in to get him. It was super fun. :)

Then, I ate some delicious cheesecake my sister made and plated up (Paleo be damned)!

Seriously. Amazing.

(Sidenote: I'm blogging from my iPad, so the formatting is a little off. Sorry.)

Then, today, I went out and not only ate sushi, but got a new tattoo from the awesome Gareth Hawkins.  The photo below is of the outline, partially finished, from my angle. Golly, it ached, but nothing compared to the brutality that was the reworking of the sternum tattoo. Ooch. I'll never forget that.

All in all, a lovely few days. I'm hoping to get to Crossfit 616 in the next day or two, but we'll see how the ol' ribs stand up! I went for a sweet run this morning with a new Zombies, Run! app on my phone, which made it more exciting than it would have otherwise been.





No comments:

Post a Comment