Monday, October 8, 2012

New (to me) music Monday: Lindsey Sterling

I'm not an intense dubstep fan, necessarily, but I'm not a hater. Although one of my favorite things about dubstep of all time came from a coach at my box who I overheard say "Dubstep is not just a type of music; it's a way of life," which made me a lot more fond of dubstep if only for that comment. Heh.






Anyway, completely by accident this weekend I stumbled across Lindsey Sterling's dubstep violin piece and it is wonderful. It makes me want to be trail running or mountain biking a technical trail or ... in a dream world, in an 8 at a dawn practice with fog rising up over the water as the sun comes up (I did a tabata erg workout on Saturday at the box -- so the river's been on my mind). Listen to it, love it (live it?).  Buy her CD, watch her youtube videos a ton of times, make a pandora station. Get her to come to NWArkansas. 
https://elgg.leeds.ac.uk/chmrja/files/-1/1213/LeedsRC%20009.jpg












(image source)

No comments:

Post a Comment