Sunday, October 21, 2012

TED Talk: Billy Collins

Billy Collins is by far my favorite poet. I've never met him in person, but he definitely ranks high on my overall list of favorite writing people, and it is my sincere hope to one day see him read and meet him. He ranks right next to Lewis Carroll on my list of "authors/poets I'd like to meet and talk to," and has the bonus of being alive, whereas the good Mr. Carroll is not.

I first fell in love with his poem "The Lanyard" when I heard him read it on The Prairie Home Companion when driving home from church in my back of my Dad's minivan. I was smitten. Billy has this excellent way of reading and speaking; so quietly droll.  My favorite poem of his is titled "Litany" which has the tongue-in-cheek sort of feel that I love so much about his stuff. 

So, please, enjoy:
Billy's TED talk

No comments:

Post a Comment