Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Apathietic

A personal-type of rambling post today, so skip this indulgence if you're not in the mood.

It's November... and I've entered that dull, apathetic state where school is overwhelming, I'm missing my family, I'm not as productive as I think I should be, and I'm eating too much and sleeping too little. I've been making these pumpkin smoothies in the morning the past two days and this morning, as I was drinking it and walking to my car I said to myself "why the fuck am I even drinking this?!" Ingredients: pumpkin, coffee, almond milk, ice, 1/3 a frozen banana, pumpkin pie spice... hypothetically, this would be a protein shake if I wasn't on the Paleo challenge now, but as of the moment it's just a bit of a carbohydrate bomb that does nothing for me. Hopefully I can shake myself out of autopilot mode for the next little bit, because it makes me feel gross, to be stumbling through the world in a fog. I need to re-dedicate myself to eating to try and feel healthy and strong these last two weeks of the Paleo challenge... and maybe lose a couple of pounds? That said, if my body composition has changed at all, I'll be game. If it's remained the same, I'll be frustrated.

 The ESA (Entomological Society of America) meeting is coming up -- we leave this Saturday -- and all I can think of is how little I really want to go; how much a waste of time it's going to be. Blah blah blah, whine.

I need to struggle through some papers on hybridization.

No comments:

Post a Comment