Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday; a bit of a holiday roundup!

Sorry, I was MIA for the past 5 days or so -- driving a lot'll do that to ya. I listened to Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis' Heist CD more times than is logical for one person to do on a cumulative 25 hour drive. It was awesome. I also ate a ton of delicious turkey, hit up CrossFit 616 on Friday and Saturday (did "Murph" for the first time [banded pullups] in 48:08!) and drank far too much Nos on my drive home.

Today I'm starting my no-caffeine protocol, as well as getting off sugar pretty strictly, barring a few pre-planned things (Christmas party this Friday, for example). So, this week is going to sort of suck for me, but I'm going to try and remain cheerful throughout.

Here is a little poem by William Stafford.

Any Morning

Just lying on the couch and being happy.
Only humming a little, the quiet sound in the head.
Trouble is busy elsewhere at the moment, it has
so much to do in the world.

People who might judge are mostly asleep; they can't
monitor you all the time, and sometimes they forget.
When dawn flows over the hedge you can
get up and act busy.

Little corners like this, pieces of Heaven
left lying around, can be picked up and saved.
People won't even see that you have them,
they are so light and easy to hide.

Later in the day you can act like the others.
You can shake your head. You can frown.


And here's a fun animation/song. The song is sung by a friend of a friend, Kim, which somehow that means you should like it even more than you otherwise might.

No comments:

Post a Comment