Thursday, November 1, 2012

Derrick Brown @ UArk!

I know this is the second day that there's a post about poetry, but Derrick Brown is coming! I'm exited. Technically, I suppose, he's a slam poet, but, because I don't really know exactly what that means, I think he's a poet who writes fun, excellent stuff, and his stage presence seems to be awesome. I am hyped as hell to see him. It's Wednesday 11.7.12 @ 7pm in the Union.

A fun reading:




One of my favorites of his:

Grocery List
Be more forgiving.
Substitute, “goodbye” for “I like your face.”
Spend two nights a week not drinking to forget.
Listen to your body.
Listen to someone else’s body.
Get limber, Don’t dog yourself to feel humble.
It never works.
Lift others up onto your back until you are sore.
Write for yourself a movie that doesn’t end.
Eat a churro slowly.
Kiss your mother on the cheek and don’t miss.
Remember that now is barely now.
It will soon be back then.
Stop.
Don’t text anyone while talking with anyone.
Finish everything.
Get milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment