Friday, November 30, 2012

city lights

I've felt like I've had this sign hanging 
over my head this past week (source)

Side tidbit about me: It continues to flabbergast (and frustrate) me how much I like people in general, but how little I feel likeable. I'm positive it's a total headgame, but recent events have made it more clear to me how important, oddly, it is for me to have some sort of communion with others... and to feel loved in that. Ugh. I'm just turning into some sort of odd static-cling sort of person, which I usually find very alarming and aim to avoid. It frustrates me, I guess, that I'm not as independent as I would like myself to be.

But, in times such as these, I tell myself to take a big breath, be quiet for a moment, and remind myself that I am not irreparably broken. I am not perfect, and I never will be, but I am enough. I am enough. And I am friggin' awesome. Just sayin'.
So, enough of that, people!

Science-wise, I've hung onto this post for a while. It's about grasshoppers in urban areas changing their mating call to overcome the anthropogenic noise of their "new" setting. It's pretty cool and Breanna Draxler does a really nice job giving the highlights of the full paper (which is also a good read).

In other science news, I've been giving intermittent fasting a try in my personal life. It's a little odd, and I'm not sure I'm 100% on board because of the odd timing of calories consumed, but we'll see how it goes. I'm a little wobbly overall on it (IF one day, not IF the next, IF for 2 days, etc.) We shall see. After this CFit competition next week, though, I'm getting on board with "gotta lose 10 lb, now." It's getting irritating, honestly, and I know I'm better than this. That shit happens in the kitchen, right? I guess I just need to eat less. The horrors! Heh!

Anyhow. Hope all is well. Everyone hang tight and enjoy each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment